To provide various services that enrich classroom experiences for students by allowing building principals and classroom teachers to devote their energies to the professional skills they are trained to provide.
Become a SPS Volunteer
Complete the volunteer application.
- New volunteer applications are required each calendar year which begins July 1.
- A separate volunteer application must be completed for each site you volunteer at. An approved background check is valid for all sites.
Once you submit your application, watch for follow-up emails.
- An email will notify you your application has been received.
- An email will inform you that, if you have a current and approved background check, you are approved to begin volunteering OR that you need an updated or new background check at no cost to you. The email will also include a link to begin the background check. Background checks typically process in 4-7 business days.
- An email will notify you of the result of your background check each time you submit one.
- If you do not receive a follow-up email after submitting your application, please contact Amy Patton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-523-0230.
- SPS School Sites/Classrooms. Contact the site volunteer coordinator for volunteer opportunities.
- PTSA Clothing Bank located at 2343 W. Olive Street. Open every Thursday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (except for holidays and inclement weather for SPS Schools). Contact Patty Dunn, chairperson of the PTSA Clothing Bank at (417) 861-9382 for more information.
- Kiwanis Shoe Bank located at 2343 W. Olive Street. Provides pre-qualified children grades K-12 with new shoes. Open every Thursday, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (except for holidays and inclement weather for SPS Schools) Contact Tom Whitson at (417) 830-6220 for more information.
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP). Provides volunteers to be reading buddies for students grades PreK-3. Contact Sarah Derr for more information at (417) 831-9696.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks. Provides volunteer mentors to have lunch one day each week with a student in grades K-4. The organization screens volunteer applicants and matches each volunteer with a student from our district. Contact Trysta Herzog at 417-889-9136 for more information.
- Facility/Maintenance. Click here for more information. This work is done when school is not in session so background checks are not needed.