End-of-Course Assessment (EOC)
The Missouri Assessment Program assesses students’ progress toward mastery of the Show-Me Standards which are the educational standards in Missouri. Springfield Public Schools will administer the following End-of-Course assessments:
- Algebra I
- Algebra II (only administered to students who took Algebra I prior to the 9th grade)
- English II
End-of-Course assessments are taken when a student has received instruction on the course-level expectations for an assessment, regardless of grade level. The results will be used to meet state and federal accountability requirements. Teachers will use students’ performance on the tests as a factor in awarding final course grades. Three scheduled testing periods are planned each year – winter, spring and summer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who takes the EOC Assessments?
A few groups of students may be exempt from certain End-of-Course assessments. These include, but are not limited to:
- Students whose IEP teams have determined that the MAP-A is the appropriate assessment do not have to take End-of-Course assessments.
- English Language Learners (ELL) who have been in the United States 12 months or fewer at the time of administration may be exempted from taking the English II and/or English I assessments.
- Foreign exchange students are allowed, but are not required to take the assessments. This is a district decision.
- Homeschooled students may take part in the assessment at the local district's discretion.
- Private school students are not required to take the End-of-Course assessments.
What kinds of questions are on the test?
For all End-of-Course assessments, all questions are comprised of multiple choice items. These items are composed of selected response questions developed specifically for Missouri. A performance event session is given as well in Algebra I, Biology and English II.
Are the EOC Assessments available in languages other than English?
No. All Missouri End-of-Course assessments are available only in English.
2018-2019 EOC Individual Student Reports are now available from your school.
Classes with EOC Assessments
- English II & English II Honors
- Liberty and Law, Liberty and Law Honors, & AP US Government
- Intro to Biology
- Biology & Biology Honors
- Algebra I & Accelerated Algebra I
- Algebra II & Algebra II Honors